We all need to take the time to slow down, breathe and do something good for ourselves. Yoga has been around for a long time and we all need to really start to reap the benefits of this powerful practice, myself included! I know it’s hard to find the time, but really even ten minutes of your time spent on a daily practice, can really go a long way. So why not give it a shot, your body, mind and spirit will thank you, and here’s why!
- Yoga Improves Balance!
That’s right, you will find that it is getting much easier to stay balanced throughout your daily life. Of course your physical balance will come with daily practice, but mental balance as well can be achieved. Always coming back to the breath when trying to juggle so many different things throughout your daily life, can be a very useful tool in navigating your way through life.
- Builds Strength
Yoga builds up your core strength and shapes and tones muscles. A lot of poses are done that can really help build your overall physical strength. For example, forearm stands, standing on one leg, and downward facing dog, create shapes and strength in your muscles. By the way! You can expect to feel a little mentally stronger as well, a daily practice of taking time for yourself can do that!
- Improves Flexibility
All of this moving and stretching in different ways can bring new flexibility and shapes to your body. A little stretching every day can go a long way, and you’ll feel good about it too!
- Teaches Better Breathing
Inhales and exhales bring us into alignment with our body, mind and spirit. In yoga these breathing exercises are known as pranayama. This breathing can help us to clear nasal passages and calm the nervous system.
- Feel More Self Confidence!
This is always a huge one for me. Yoga allows us to be more confident with our bodies and who we are as individuals. Everyone has their own personal journey throughout their yoga practice. Progress is truly rewarding, especially with something as simple as just touching your toes!
Do yoga, practice everyday and FEEL GOOD ABOUT YOURSELF!
Wow! I know I can really feel the powerful energy shift from the moon. With the full moon eclipse in Pisces I now understand why lately life has been an emotional roller coaster. Pisces has the reputation for being an emotional sign, so you may be noticing a lot of self-reflection, internal shifting, and changes in relationships. It’s time to center yourself and get in touch with that spiritual part of you. This is a great time to express yourself creatively, especially with all these emotions swirling about! The truth is coming at you full force so be sure to have an outlet to release these negative feelings and energies because as we all know, the truth can hurt!
There’s a lot of buried raw emotion, that might be resurfacing. Anger, frustration, restlessness, guilt, shame, joy, grief, worry, don’t be surprised if you are feeling something from 5 years ago. Just know, you are not going backwards! You are getting a second shot at releasing these feelings that no longer serve you. Even though it may be tough, it is time for great healing, balance and renewal! Continue to learn and grow and blossom. The truth will set you free and you are a clear and perfect channel for the light!
5 Ways To Manage the Moon Energy Shift!
- Get plenty of rest. Sleep is important for all of the energy that is buzzing around and being exerted. You cannot pour from an empty cup so rest up!
- Stay in check with yourself emotionally. You may feel overwhelmed, disheartened or maybe even restless, whatever it is keep up with it. Understand what you are feeling so you can tap into your feelings.
- Speak your truth! It will only save you time. Also let out any emotions that no longer serve you to avoid burying them! Don’t worry so much about other people.
- Be honest with yourself and others. The truth always prevails. Don’t set such high expectations for yourself, it’s okay to step back from something that is running you into the ground. You may find that certain things in your life are no longer serving you, just be real about it.
- Get creative! Express yourself in a creative outlet to release some of the tension. Now is the time to really let your imagination run wild. Who knows, you may discover a hidden talent!